Lettings - Landlords


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

To Let

Start your property search

For Sale

Start your property search

Property lets Newhaven, East Sussex. Fully managed landlords scheme.

Landlords’ Scheme fees

We only offer one level of service to our landlords – a bespoke, fully managed scheme, tailor-made to your specific requirements. Our charge for this is a very reasonable 10% + VAT. There are no extra charges for the Tenancy Agreement, Inventory, deposit registration, regular inspections, managing repairs, renewing the tenancy or carrying out a rent review.

Credit checks, references and vetting of potential tenants is all included in our fees.

We also offer a ‘Finders Fee’ which is only £300 + VAT

General condition

A thorough inspection of the property is recommended to ensure that the structure, roof, plumbing and writing etc. are in good order. Where necessary, all works or repairs should be completed before the start of the tenancy, subject to any terms to the contrary in the tenancy agreement, mutually agreed by all parties.

Furniture and décor

You should ensure that the property is in good decorative order and should attend to any internal or external decorations, which are necessary prior to the commencement of the tenancy. You should also ensure that the furniture (if applicable) is in good condition and complies with the necessary Fire and Safety Regulations Act. Please speak to our lettings department if you’d like more advice.


If you are letting the property with appliances, they should be checked and serviced, and it is recommended that wherever possible maintenance contracts for the period of the tenancy are in place. It is essential that operating manuals for all the appliances be provided for the use of the tenant, and you should provide details of any maintenance contracts to the tenant and ourselves so that the appropriate contractors can be called out if necessary. If an appliance is under warranty, please give a copy of the details to the tenant and us. Portable appliances will need a valid PAT certificate. You should ensure that the central heating system and any gas appliances are serviced and checked by a registered plumber and should be covered under the Landlords Gas Safety Certificate. Please note the section under Electrical Safety.

Compliance paperwork

All rented property with gas heating or appliances currently requires a Landlords Gas Safe Certificate. This is a service we are happy to arrange for you, at cost with no surcharges added. It is also a requirement to have a current Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) we also can arrange this for you – at cost with no extra fee or commission.


If you have a mortgage on the property you will need to inform your lender that it is your intention to let the property. This is important as failure to obtain consent from your mortgage company can result in being in breach of your mortgage agreement.